Volunteering at Stillwaters
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." ~ Margaret Mead
There are many opportunities to volunteer at Stillwaters. We welcome individuals, families, community service workers, groups and students. Here is a list of potential ways to share your time. If you would like to be notified via email about upcoming events and opportunities, email or give the office a call at 360-297-1226 and we will put you on the list! Or complete the Registration Form and return to Stillwaters by email, US mail or better yet stop in, say hello and return it in person.
- STREAM & ESTUARY MONITORS meet once a month to test water quality on the stream and estuary. The data is reported to the County and State Department of Ecology.
- OFFICE AND CLERICAL VOLUNTEERS assist the staff with basic office duties, including large mailings and publicity contacts.
- SPECIAL EVENT VOLUNTEERS choose to work on an event such as EcoFest, the Book Sale, or the Auction.
- CARPENTER CREEK RESTORATION PROJECTS include tree planting, removal of invasive species, and trail construction and maintenance.
- NATURALIST EDUCATORS teach children and adults about various topics, including sustainability, the specialized environment of the Stillwaters’ campus, plant and animal life. You can use your specific expertise to teach or assist with classes.
- SPECIALTY OPPORTUNITIES include Board Member, committee member, volunteer coordination, construction, campus maintenance, botanical and habitat assessments.
If you are currently unable to share your time, there are many ways to donate to Stillwaters. We accept used books, in good condition, all year round. (Sorry, we cannot accept encyclopedias or magazines.) And, of course, cash contributions are always welcome. Clicking on the "donate now" button will take you to our secure donation page. There is a comments box at the bottom where you can send us messages, too. Thank you so much!